Contents page. There are eight lessons in total and they cover everything from body image to healthy relationships to sexting and pornography. [Click to see larger version.]
We have included a delivery guide with the course. It includes advice and guidance on how to deal with sensitive topics, as well as parental concerns.
This is the intro page to the first lesson. For each lesson, we give an overview, list the goals and aims of the lesson, and indicate the tools needed.
This is the intro page to the second lesson – about body image.
An example page of a lesson – in this case Part 5. Each slide is given its own content box. We make extensive use of multimedia, including videos. images, activities and worksheets
The worksheets page. All the worksheets are hyperlinked within the course and range from quizzes to thought exercises.
This is an example of one of the worksheets in which students are asked to judge the risk associated with sharing personal images.
This is the corresponding page in the Teachers Notes to the traffic light worksheet, providing the teacher with suggested answers and discussion points.
The course costs £150 ($200) and can be purchased immediately through this site (via PayPal).
You will need to create an account with the site after which you will be directed to your own member page where the course’s two files can be downloaded (and re-downloaded if necessary). You should also receive an email with relevant links.
We are also able to take orders through an invoice system. In that case, please provide all the relevant details and the website will automatically produce a corresponding invoice. Once we have processed the order, you will receive an email letting you know and will automatically gain access to download links.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The @FirstSite course is aimed at 11-14 year olds and breaks down critical, current issues including body images, healthy relationships, sexting, pornography and other online content matters in a safe and age-appropriate manner.
The course is designed to empower students and give them the tools to deal with whatever changes come their way in future.
It comes as two downloadable files: an interactive PDF and a Powerpoint file containing all the corresponding slides. If you purchase the course through this website, you will be directed to a download page and sent an email with download links. If you opt to invoice for the cost of the course, we will be in contact and will send download links once the order has been processed.
The course comprises eight lessons lasting approximately 45 minutes. The lessons make extensive use of activities, worksheets, videos and other multimedia to help young people understand, discuss and navigate complex issues that result from the proliferation of sexual imagery in the media and on the Internet.
- Part 1 is an introductory activity and introduces the question: what is sexual content? It delves into the implications and impact of these images.
- Parts 2 and 3 look in more detail at the impact of sexual imagery, exploring the implications on body image, the use of celebrities, and what children and young people view as ‘normal’. [Click to see sample pages of Part 2 and Part 3.]
- Parts 4 and 5 tackle the fact that sexual content does not reflect reality but rather a fantasy side of human sexuality, and digs into why it’s important to be able to distinguish between the two. [See Part 5 sample pages.]
- Parts 6 and 7 support young people in taking control and protecting themselves online. [Part 6 sample pages.]
- Part 8 is the concluding activity that brings all the other lessons together and encourages children and young people to develop their own approach.