This is the full AtFirstSite course broken down into lessons for ease of reference. For the full course in one place go here.
Or if you bought the course-in-a-box and want to download just the presentations with your digital code, go here.
The course itself comprises seven parts, intended to be delivered in seven different lessons of approximately 45 minutes each.
It comprises a series of activities to help children understand, discuss and navigate complex issues that result from the proliferation of sexual imagery in the media and on the Internet.
- Part 1 is the introductory activity and introduces the question: what is sexual content? It delves into the implications and impact of these images.
- Parts 2 and 3 look in more detail at the impact of sexual imagery, exploring the implications on body image, the use of celebrities, and what children and young people view as ‘normal’. You can download an Annotated Guide to Part 2 as a pdf here.
- Parts 4 and 5 tackle the fact that sexual content does not reflect reality but rather a fantasy side of human sexuality, and digs into why it’s important to be able to distinguish between the two.
- Parts 6 and 7 support young people in taking control and protecting themselves online.
- Part 8 is the concluding activity that brings all the other lessons together and encourages children and young people to develop their own approach.