You can now buy the full, updated AtFirstSite program as a course-in-a-box, with all the Teacher’s Notes, Presentations and Worksheets printed up and delivered directly to you.
In addition to eight new one-sheet quick reference guides for each lesson, we have taken advantage of the physical nature of the box to also include some useful tools for delivering the course, including:
- 6 packs of Post-It notes (used in most of the lessons)
- A whiteboard marker (should be familiar to you)
- 20 clothes pegs (used in the first lesson)
- 20 feet of twine (for the clothes pegs)
The course comes in a single box and contains a digital download code for all the presentations as Powerpoint files so you can edit and display them on a screen.
The course itself comprises eight parts, intended to be delivered in seven different lessons of approximately 45 minutes each and a final hour-long summing-up lesson.
It comprises a series of activities to help children understand, discuss and navigate complex issues that result from the proliferation of sexual imagery in the media and on the Internet.
- Part 1 is the introductory activity and introduces the question: what is sexual content? It delves into the implications and impact of these images.
- Parts 2 and 3 look in more detail at the impact of sexual imagery, exploring the implications on body image, the use of celebrities, and what children and young people view as ‘normal’. You can download an Annotated Guide to Part 2 as a pdf here.
- Parts 4 and 5 tackle the fact that sexual content does not reflect reality but rather a fantasy side of human sexuality, and digs into why it’s important to be able to distinguish between the two.
- Parts 6 and 7 support young people in taking control and protecting themselves online.
- Part 8 is the concluding activity that brings all the other lessons together and encourages children and young people to develop their own approach.